Bluestones One are seeking an Application Management Engineer on behalf of a large, well-established Software Solutions and Services provider to asset management, capital market, banking and insurance sectors.
The role is to be based in Nantwich, and the chosen Candidate will be heavily involved with the Customer Service Team, delivering application management service to Customers.
The Application Management Engineer will implement and run best practices, techniques and procedures essential to a deployed applications optimal operation, performance and efficiency throughout the software platform. You will be responsible for assisting in the support of custom applications, monitoring critical logs, and working directly with users to troubleshoot and support incidents regarding custom applications and systems issues. Follow-up with users and support staff as needed on requests and problem tickets. Reporting and follow-up for service management, including incident management, problem management, and release management. Liaison among users, technical support and development teams. Work directly with the technical and development teams to resolve issues. On-call production support and maintenance required for support applications.
You will be working with a superior, multi-currency, multi-channel stockbroking and portfolio management software front to back platform, which offers digital & integrated, straight through approach to all aspects of investment management and can be delivered as a fully managed solution.
The role shall include;
- Understand the technical & business architecture of the software solution
- Implement, optimize, test and release: data management scripts, ETL procedure, system monitoring script.
- Applications monitoring: monitors critical logs and systems. Manage exceptions and fix data and systems engaging with Business Consultants and System Engineers.
- On call support: early morning production on-call support and application management of the platform.
- Works directly with Clients and Customer Service team to troubleshoot and support incidents regarding custom applications and systems issues.
- Assist in the project team charged with the implementation of software at our clients, more specifically the technical and data integration between the software and other banking applications
- Participate in regular customer Service status meetings
- Validate and keep the customer environments up-to-date (internally and customer)
- On- call support for production environments in extended business hours
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Good IT / Technical skills (MS Windows / Linux, MS SQL Server, IIS, integration tools,
- Reporting tools, scheduling, networks and databases).
- Basic Skills in at least one of the following: T-SQL / Powershell / .NET / vbscript
- Basic understanding in SSO technologies (Azure AD / ADFS ) is advantageous but not essential.
- Minimum 3 years hands on experience in Windows / Linux infrastructure.
- Minimum 2/3 years in IT application support services.
- Very Good verbal and written skills in English.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required both in and outside of UK.
- Knowledge of financial and banking applications is an asset
- Knowledge of Wealth & Investment Management business is advantageous but not essential
- Degree in IT, or equivalent through experience.
- Strong customer empathy and customer focused
- Team player, flexible, accurate, hands-on mentality
- Innovative, team-oriented problem solver.
- Strong commitment to providing quality service
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow through skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution.
- Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to appropriate development team(s).
- Assist in testing of solutions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
In return for hard work and dedication, the company offer a challenging and progressive position within an international work environment!