Bluestones One are currently seeking a Fleet and Legal Compliance Assistant due to continued growth, to join the distribution division of a national Retailer.
This a full time, permanent position offering £28,000 pa.
You will be working within the purpose-built vehicle maintenance unit at a one million sq. ft. distribution centre.
The unit is a Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency Authorised Facility (DSVA ATF) and operates a Tachograph bay with six fully equipped working bays which enables the maintenance and servicing of our modern fleet of vehicles and trailers.
The Fleet and Legal Compliance Assistant will manage the Operator’s licence requirements in areas to include:
· EU Driver Hours and WTD
· Maintaining fleet to O Licence parameters and not exceeding the limits
· Maintenance of all fleet records
· Ensure legal compliance is achieved and all service and MOT schedules are adhered to
· Ensure all fleet is logged and its maintenance planned in the Fleet Management System
· Ensure completion of inspection documents and jobs sheets to the highest standard
· Provide daily fleet reports for both the warehouse and transport operations, including VOR and damage / repair costs reports
· Working closely with the on-site VMU to ensure compliance and repairs are carried out to correct standards and in a timely manner
· A high level of understanding of legal compliance and maintaining roadworthiness.
· Experience of supervising a team
· Experience of working within a retail transport environment
· Experience using fleet management systems
· Knowledge and experience of fleet industry compliance requirements
· Knowledge / experience in dealing with DVLA, DVSA, traffic commissioner’s office
· Knowledge of workshop systems and job cards
· Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, practices and procedures
· Experience in auditing Operator Compliance desirable
· Understanding of Road Transport Operations desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing Retail Distribution company, that offer development and progression.
Working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm.
· 5.6 weeks annual leave per year, rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years’ service
· Company pension scheme
· Onsite subsidised Health and Fitness Centre
· Subsidised canteen
· Access to social and sporting events
· 10% discount