Bluestones One is seeking an experienced Support Engineer on behalf of a large Cheshire based software company.
The chosen Candidate will be responsible for assisting in the support of custom applications, monitoring crucial logs and working with users directly to troubleshoot and support incidents regarding custom applications. You will liaise with users, technical support and development teams.
Key duties will include;
1. On call support for production environments
2. Working directly with Clients and Customer Service teams to troubleshoot and support incidents regarding custom applications and system issues
3. Validate and keep Customers up to date
4. Assist the project team with implementation of software with Clients – specifically the technical and data integration
5. Application monitoring
6. Implement, optimise, test and release data management scripts, system monitoring script and ETL procedure
The chosen Candidate must have the following knowledge/skills;
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Basic skills in any of the following: T-SQL/Powershell/.Net/vbscript
· Excellent IT/Technical skills (MS Windows, Linux, MS SQL Server, IIS, integration tools, reporting tools, scheduling, networks and databases)
· Knowledge of finance applications would be advantageous
· Degree in IT or equivalent
· Experience in IT application support services
We are seeking Candidates that are Customer focused, with excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills. The ability to manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently is a must.
In return for hard work and commitment, the role offers the chance of development and progression with a competitive package.