Bluestones One is working with a locally and nationally known manufacturer in Bromborough to recruit for a ‘Leading Hand’ (Warehouse Supervisor) with both Reach and Counterbalance FLT licenses to join them for an immediate start.
Role / Company overview;
• Shift basis working weekly shift patterns of 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm with reduced hours every Friday.
• Initially offered on a temporary basis with view to becoming a permanent member of staff following a period.
• Joining a welcoming team in an established business where over 50% of the employers have been employed for over 10 years.
• Family feel business.
• Great opportunities for progression if desired.
• Fast growing business – growing year on year.
This role is working in a busy and fast paced warehouse environment where the successful candidate will lead a team of 3 or 4 people per shift to ensure the department runs smoothly and efficiently.
The successful applicant will have previous supervisory experience and a firm understanding of manufacturing or large warehouse environments.
Would be of a advantage to have experience of working to JIT measures and have a strong Health and Safety knowledge.
The role will involve;
• Booking in deliveries – inbound and outbound
• Receipting goods to the system
• Warehouse duties including FLT driving on both trucks
• Dealing with staffing issues
• Reporting to senior management on department / shift performance and / or any issues.
Valid Counterbalance and Reach FLT licenses are a must for all applicants and you must have PROVEN experience on both trucks. Due to our client’s warehouse set up it is necessary to be a proven and confident FLT driver.
This role will involve Stock Control, Forward planning, inter department communication and problem solving.
In order to be a successful applicant for this role you will ideally have previous warehouse experience, be able to work on one’s own initiative and be able to problem solve.