Poor space utilisation within a warehouse can be costly, both in terms of time and money. Multiple items may be crammed into a space, causing staff to spend unnecessary time searching for goods, or small products may be stored in spaces designed for something much larger, meaning you’re effectively paying to store air.
Having an effective layout and storage solutions in a warehouse not only improves productivity and efficiency, it reduces costs and can also present revenue-generating possibilities.
Do you need a warehouse redesign?
However, there are a few things to think about when you are considering a warehouse redesign.
– Are there problems with your current layout?
– What is the exact size of your warehouse?
– What is the weight and size of the stock you are holding?
– What fixed materials do you have?
– Consider various options for layout to maximise your chances of finding optimum level of storage
Through Bluestones One’s retail division we can help you with every element of your warehouse redesign, from project planning and the supply of staff to full project management and installation. If you’d like to find out how we can support your warehouse redesign get in touch with the team